I love New York! The city that never sleeps is my go-to destination for a weekend getaway. New York has many things to offer including attractions, sightseeing, shopping, and my favorite, amazing dining options.
My little sister lives in NY so I have the best excuse to escape once in a while and indulge in incredible eats. Not going to lie, I have a very long list of new restaurants I want to eat at every time I visit. But there are a few that I always go to, with no exception.
Here is a list of my favorite restaurants in New York City I can’t wait to go back to:
1. Estela: I am obsessed with this restaurant. I always order the Fried Black Rice, it is one of my favorite dishes in the world. I love this restaurant so much that I own chef Ignacio Mattos cookbook.
2. Eataly: This Italian food market houses several restaurants; my favorite is La Pizza & La Pasta. I always go to the Flatiron location and do a little food shopping while I’m there to cook a nice dinner at my sister's apartment.
3. Katz's Delicatessen: You might get scared by the line but trust me it is worth the wait. You will never taste such an amazing pastrami sandwich.
4. Russ & Daughters: Go early to avoid the line! They are known for the best bagels and lox in the city, which they live up to!
5. Misi & Lilia: Getting a reservation at either one of these restaurants can be quite difficult. I always call as soon as I book my flight. Literally everything on both menus is absolutely delicious.
6. Roberta’s: When you first go to Roberta’s, it may seem like nothing much from the outside but as soon as you walk in the smell of freshly baked pizza in the woodfire oven captures you. And they do serve the best pizza in Brooklyn!
7. Chelsea Market & Los Tacos No.1: Chelsea Market house several food stalls but my go-to and favorite is Los Tacos No.1 it is always packed but trust me the line moves very fast. Ask for the off the menu cheese tortilla. Go order a margarita and grab a seat at Los Mariscos right next to it.