For those who want to tour three of Europe’s greatest cities, this central Europe itinerary is for you! Start with Budapest, a city known for its thermal baths, unique architecture, and gorgeous Danube River. Next, travel to Vienna, a city rich in history and culture. And end in Prague, a city filled with incredible Gothic architecture.
Day 1: Budapest
Arrive at Budapest Airport in the afternoon. The best way Transfer to City via Bus or Taxi.
Purchase the 4-day Budapest/Vienna Big Bus Tour Ticket.
Go to Dock 11 for the Danube River Cruise to take the 75-minute river cruise.
At night around famous Vacci Street.
Dinner suggestions: Mazel Tov & Divin Porcello.
Day 2: Budapest
Breakfast in Budapest followed by Big Bus Tour.
Start your day with the Big Bus Tour at the Opera:
- Hop on at Stop 20 (Opera)
- Continue until Stop 1 (Hero’s Square) walk around 10min
- Hop back at Stop 1
- Hop off at Stop 7 (Castle Garden)
- Here you can walk around for a while, take the funicular or the blue route.
- I recommend walking to Fisherman’s Baston/Matias Church and returning to walk around the palace. The views are impressive on both.
- You can walk down or take the funicular to hop back on Stop 8.
- Hop on at Stop 8
Lunch suggestions: Bestia & Meatology Budapest
In the afternoon continue your Big Bus Tour:
- Hop off at Stop 12 (Parliament)
- Walk around 15-30min
- Walk to Basilica or Hop on at Stop 12 and Hop off at Stop 13
- Stop 13 (Basilica)
- Walk into basilica
- Hop back on at Stop 13
- Optional stop: Stop 16 (Great Market Hall)
- Food stalls (prepared and produce)
- Optional stop: Stop 17 (National Musem)
Dinner suggestions: Menza & Borkonyha
Day 3: Budapest to Viena
In the morning have breakfast and catch an early train to Vienna
Once in Vienna take a break to have lunch.
In the afternoon walk around the city and see: